Accent Press Ltd is a dynamic publishing company. Founded by Hazel Cushion in 2003, the company has already celebrated some major achievements.
- In February 2007 she was invited to meet the Queen at Buckingham Palace at a reception for 200 Women in Business
- Hazel Cushion won the Pandora, Women in Publishing Award and 'Entrepreneur of the Year' in 2004. She has recently been selected by The Daily Telegraph as 'an inspiring woman'.
- Winner of the Best New Business
- Wales's HOT 100 business start-ups - Accent Press featured third in the list of 100 hot business start-ups in Wales - June 2006
- Several titles including Sexy Shorts for Summer and Sexy Shorts for Lovers have both featured in The Booksellers Top Ten Charts
- The company and its titles have received considerable media attention including items in The Independent, The Guardian, The Sunday Telegraph, The Daily Express and The Daily Mail.
The company is divided into two imprints
- The mainstream publishing arm uses the ACCENT PRESS imprint and produces a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Xcite Books is an erotic imprint that was started in 2007 and has quickly become the UK's largest erotic publisher. Winners of ETO Best Erotic Book Brand and Jade Publishing Awards 2010 & 2011.