Feisty independent publishing.
Accent Press is an award-winning independent publisher founded in 2003 by Hazel Cushion. The company has won numerous awards and been shortlisted for IPG Independent Publisher of the Year.
Based north of Cardiff, Accent publishes a wide range of commercial fiction, non-fiction and YA. Our partnership with Start Media has enabled growth across Northern America and a new initiative with WHSmith will see a dedicated Accent shelf in 120 UK stores.
Our 2017 Print Catalogue can be found here.
Accent Press has celebrated many major achievements including:
· Winner of the Best New Business
· Wales’s HOT 100 business start-ups – third place
· Multiple titles have been featured in The Bookseller’s Top Ten Charts
· The company and its titles have received considerable media attention including items in national newspapers, leading women’s magazines and international radio.
· Accent Press became an accredited Living Wage Employer in 2015
The company is divided into four imprints:
· Accent Press – The mainstream publishing imprint provides a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles.
· Xcite Books – This erotic imprint was started in 2007, becoming the UK’s largest erotic publisher and winning multiple ETO Awards.
· Cariad – mainstream romance publishing sexy, contemporary women’s fiction.
· Accent YA – There’s a new YA publisher in town. This exciting new list aimed at young adults launches in Spring 2016.